The last fortnight has been incredibly busy:
Nick and I finished off the client side design for “Posters at Lincoln” which was well received by MARCOMMS and will be soft launching in the next few weeks.
Posters at Lincoln will be the first Lincoln site to use the new “common web design” that I designed. The CWD is going to be rolled out to other sites over the coming months including Enterprise@Lincoln, Blogs, Network Access (LUNA), Wireless Access, Pay for Print, Print From My PC and the Library Portal. We’ve set up a blog at thecwd.blogs.lincoln.ac.uk to show off some of the new sites we’re making.
I’ve started laying down some of the ground work for the new APIs that we’re developing for use in new applications. So far we’ve got the starts of an authentication API (which can be interacted with via OAuth, SAML or Shibboleth), a basic library API which interacts with Horizon, and Nick has been working on an API that integrates with the Virtual Project Office system.
In my spare time I’ve developed an OAuth server for the CodeIgniter framework which I’m currently integrating with Phil Sturgeon‘s CodeIngiter REST server which we’re using as the basis for the APIs mentioned above.
Some how I’ve also managed to attend a couple of lectures and submit an Artificial Intelligence assignment in there as well!
All in all I’m thoroughly enjoying my new job in the Online Services Team, however I will admit to struggling to not work outside of work hours – some of the stuff we’re working on / have planned is just so much fun!