Hello, World (the obligatory introduction post)

Hello, I’m Alex Bilbie. I’m a second year computer science student working towards a MComp degree.

Over the summer of 2009 I became involved with a number of project the University of Lincoln‘s Centre for Education Research and Development were undertaking such as JISCPress and Learning Landscapes. I’ve since been very interested in working towards the concept that my friend and colleague Nick Jackson calls a ‘Joined-Up Campus’ and is something that Joss Winn, Paul Stainthorp and a number of other University figures are passionate about.

I’m a big PHP fan and I’m currently toying with either learning Python or Ruby or putting the web to one side and playing with Objective-C so I can create that $$$ iPhone app. Hmm we’ll see.

I’m not sure what I’m going to use this blog for to be honest; I’ve tried blogging before but never committed properly to it, however I do tweet an awful lot and some times I feel like that 140 characters is not enough to get my point across so perhaps this will just become an extension to my thoughts which would I’d normally post elsewhere.